On Monday July 15, the Ghana Youth Environmental Movement (GYEM) will go to the Ministry of Energy to reject the proposal made by a Chinese Energy Group to build a coal fired plant in Ghana. Click here to see the proposal.
We are rejecting coal power because of its harmful health and environmental impacts. Click here to see the dangerous and negative effects of coal burning.
WHERE ARE WE MEETING?
- We meet in front of the National Theatre at 9am prompt. Our team member will be standing right there with a very visible paper sticker on his chest with GYEM written boldly on it. Feel free to approach him.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
You need at least 2 things:
- Outfit: You can wear anything really but we recommend a white or green T-shirt or a GYEM shirt for those who have them
- Sign/paper (used) placard: You should also bring along a sign/placard with a message written on it. A very good sign can be created out of an old box. Just unfold the box into a square or rectangular shape and write your own CREATIVE message. Eg. We REJECT Coal Power, No Coal in Ghana, Coal is Dirty Energy, We Demand a CLEAN Future, etc. Click here to see a photo of what someone created for one of our previous campaigns.
If you are not sure what to write, just bring your unfolded box and our team will help you out.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO SEE
- Our mascot KwaBonsu. He will lead the campaign and you can hug him afterwards
- About 30-50 young people with similar age, identity and feelings as you
WHAT WE WILL DO
Our campaigns team will explain this to you at 9:30am so please try and make it on time.
See you on Monday July 15.
Keep Shifting POWER!!